Free Credit Repair
The first step to credit repair is to obtain and analyze your credit reports from all 3 major credit bureaus: Equifax, Experian and TransUnion.
The official website to obtain 1 free copy of your credit report, every year, from each of the 3 major credit bureaus is: AnnualCreditReport.com
An alternative choice to obtain and monitor your credit report for free, from 2 of the major credit bureaus (Equifax and TransUnion) is: CreditKarma.com
The second step to credit repair is to prepare your disputes with all applicable major credit bureaus.
Copy our Dispute Letter Template below and create 3 documents titled: Equifax Dispute, Experian Dispute, and TransUnion Dispute.
The key to writing an effective credit repair dispute is simplicity. Absolutely no legal jargon is necessary. All 3 major credit bureaus prefer simple and straightforward disputes.
Dispute Letter Template
Save & Modify For Each Bureau
[Full Legal Name]
DOB: [Date of Birth]
SSN: [Social Security Number]
[List All Dispute Items Using Proper Dispute Codes]
- Inaccurate – Company Name | Account Number or Date
- Never Late – Company Name | Account Number or Date
- Not Mine – Company Name | Account Number or Date
- Paid in Full – Company Name | Account Number or Date
- Account Closed – Company Name | Account Number or Date
- Identity Theft / Fraud – Company Name | Account Number or Date
- Unauthorized Inquiry – Company Name | Date
333 Drive, Apt 1
New York, NY 55555
- Inaccurate – Collections Plus | FHP90174XXXX
- Inaccurate – AMEX | 3421XXXX
- Never Late – Toyota | V3F1WI8YXXXX
- Inaccurate – Bankruptcy | WEOLMXHCXXXX
- Inaccurate – Lien | XNQKRWHWXXXX
- Not Mine – Judgment | 2G9E26RSXXXX
- Unauthorized Inquiry – Macys | 03/15/2019
- Identity Theft / Fraud – Discover | 6158XXXX
Print Disputes & ID’s
After you create and save a unique dispute for each major credit bureau, then you print your dispute letters.
You also need to print copies of the following 3 ID’s, for each major credit bureau:
- Photo ID: Drivers License, Passport, or any Government ID, which displays your picture and your full legal name.
- Proof of SSN: Copy of Social Security Card or Tax Document displaying your name and your full Social Security Number.
- Proof of Address: Utility Bill, Bank Statement, or Insurance Document displaying your name and your current address. This address must match the address you specified on your Dispute Letter.
The key is to submit very clear ID’s. The clearer your ID’s, the better and faster your disputes will be processed.
Mail Disputes & ID’s
At this point, for each major credit bureau, you should have a dispute letter plus 3 ID’s. In other words you should 4 documents total, for each major credit bureau: Dispute Letter, Photo ID, Proof of SSN and Proof of Address.
The next step is to mail each set of 4 documents, to the applicable credit bureaus. The current mailing addresses of the 3 major credit bureaus are as follows:
P.O. Box 740256
Atlanta, GA 30374-0256
P.O. Box 4500
Allen, TX 75013
P.O. Box 2000
Chester, PA 19016-2000
Build Your Credit
With Secured Credit Cards
The best way to begin building your credit is through Secured Credit Cards. No credit history is required. No minimum credit score is required. Your credit line is secured by your deposit amount. For example, if you deposit $200, then you’ll have a $200 credit line. If you deposit $500, then you’ll have a $500 credit line. The significant benefit of Secured Credit Cards is the fact that they usually report to all 3 major credit bureaus, thereby building your credit, month after month. These cards are an absolute must, especially for people that need to rebuild their credit.